Skip to main content

Look, The Alps!


What a blessing it is to savor the wonder and beauty of these snow-capped mountains after walking a few kilometers to Wipkingen Church up a hill several blocks from Wipkinger Park. I didn't expect to see this view on Day 1 here in Zurich, Switzerland. Never in my whole life did I realize I would ever take this photo personally. It's very, very far from where I stood, yes, but distance is no hindrance in savoring such wonder and beauty! See this--- The Alps!

Glad to catch this poem, The Alps by Watie W. Swanzy. 
It so perfectly echoes the sentiments of my heart, beholden in appreciation of God's glory.

Thy towering peaks, O mighty Alps! arise
From out the deepening shadows of the past
Like sunlit spires above the shades of night
Seen from some proud eminence afar.
On thy summits rest the eternal snows,
In semblance of the purity sublime
Of Heaven, from which streams of living waters flow,
Those rocky heights that rise, piercing the sky,
And against which the fleeing clouds do break
Themselves, and where the snowy avalanche
Forms and falls on the silent rivers of ice
Below, with deep-toned thunder, are summits
Whereon Orion and the sweet Pleiades,
All the shining hosts of Heaven, pause to rest
On their eternal revolutions. Time,
In his onward course, seems not to touch thee.
Unlike this lower world, that under his
Fierce sway becomes changed in its aspect, thou
Hast stood the same for ages past; and who
Can say thou wert not then, as now, when time
Began his first cycle?

 

... Oh, what a hymn sublime thou singst to God

Who formed thee! and I join thy anthem of praise
Gladly, with all questionings of His right
To create and control silenced. Did he
Not, with his attendant seraphim, pause
On thy summits, and look down upon his
Handiwork spread out before him? Methinks
He did; and all things in audible voice
Did loudly glorify and worship Him.


———
Related posts:

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.